- - - - - - - - -
Every year, we recruit an all-star cast of volunteers. From the VIP lounges to the info booths, our friendly and reliable volunteers are there to help! At the frontlines of our volunteer program is the energetic, always smiling, leader - Shannon McGee.
This week on the Pilgrimage Gazette, we’re putting the spotlight on our volunteer coordinator and giving you an inside look at the Pilgrimage volunteer experience.
1. How long have you been the volunteer coordinator with Pilgrimage Fest? This is my third year working with Pilgrimage Festival. I work with volunteers all over the country and I can say that the PMCF volunteers are the hardest working and most beautiful-hearted volunteers out there!
2. What are some of your favorite Pilgrimage moments to date? I LOVE it when patrons come by Volunteer HQ to tell me how a volunteer helped them and made their day better. Last year, this happened so many times. There’s also a really heartwarming story from last year. Two of our volunteers came to the festival solo, met at their first Gates shift. They spent the entire festival together and are now best friends. How cool is that!?
3. How can you become a volunteer at Pilgrimage Fest this year? It’s a pretty simple process. You start by clicking here!
- a) Create a festiVOL profile
- b) Submit application and $20 nonrefundable app fee
- c) Sign waiver
- d) Submit $225 deposit which will be refunded once your 9 scheduled hours are complete
- e) Pick your shifts (after Sept 1 all shifts will be assigned by Vol Staff based on greatest needs of fest)
4. What are some of the perks of volunteering at Pilgrimage Fest? Fun! Fun! Fun! And new friends!! You also get:
- a) 2-day GA wristband
- b) Volunteer T-shirt
- c) An off-site parking pass
- d) The excitement of being a part of the PMCF Vol team that helps make Pilgrimage awesome for thousands of patrons!
5. What can people expect when volunteering? Each shift begins with a quick orientation and training. Volunteers work all areas of the festival including gates, info booth, ADA platforms, lounges, VIP, vendors, green team, etc.
6. Anything else you want the world to know about volunteering at Pilgrimage? Yes! There are about 100 returning volunteers this year! There are also just about 150 new volunteers which means that there are only 50 open volunteer spots available!
I'm so thankful for each and every volunteer! I can't wait to see all the returning faces and meet the new volunteers! This is going to be the best volunteer team to date!
Don’t wait - join the team here.
- - - - - - - - -